Larry J. Kosmont, CRE®
Broker / President
CA DRE# 01182660
Mr. Kosmont holds a Masters of Public Administration Degree from the University of Southern California and a B.A. in Political Science from the State University of New York – Binghamton.
Mr. Larry J. Kosmont, CRE®, Broker, is President of Kosmont Real Estate Services, doing business as “Kosmont Realty” (KR), a real estate brokerage firm. He is also Chairman & CEO of Kosmont Companies, an industry leader in public/private real estate transactions and economic development. Mr. Kosmont is also a Principal of California Golden Fund, an approved EB-5 Regional Center.
In over 40 years, Mr. Kosmont has assisted hundreds of local government agencies and private sector developers/land owners and investors on real estate matters ranging from large-scale economic development programs to site-specific property acquisition, sale and lease of land and developed projects, and ground lease transactions. Mr. Kosmont has extensive experience as a broker and has implemented transactions that include undeveloped land, mixed use, industrial, office, retail , market rate and affordable housing, TOD sites, apartment projects, hotels and specialized uses such as golf courses, storage and incubators.
From 1975 to 1986, Mr. Kosmont served in the roles of City Manager, Director of Community Development, and Redevelopment Director in the cities of Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Bell Gardens, and Burbank. From May 2011 to March 2012, Mr. Kosmont served as a contract Interim City Administrator for the City of Montebello, CA.
- Purchase of coastal properties in Redondo Beach Waterfront for City
- Acquisition of land for large High School campus, Juniper Sierra, San Juan Capistrano
- Acquisition of 40 acres of downtown Burbank as part of downtown revitalization
- Sale of various RDA Dissolution properties throughout California
- Sale of 30 acre site for azalea Retail Center in South Gate, CA (~370,000 sq. ft.)
Mr. Kosmont is a registered Municipal Advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, a Real Estate Broker licensed by the State of California Department of Real Estate, a designated Counselor of Real Estate, CRE®, and has served or is serving on:
- City of Manhattan Beach Economic Development Advisory Council – Chairman
- MWD Board (represented City of Los Angeles)
- State Commissioner – California Economic Development Commission
- USC Executive Education – Board of Directors
- Los Angeles City Commissioner – Industrial Development Authority
- California Assoc. of Local Economic Development (CALED) – Board Advisor
- California Redevelopment Association (CRA) Board
Mr. Kosmont is recipient of the 2016 California Business Properties Association (CBPA) Champion of the Industry Award for his service in real estate and economic development. Kosmont Companies received the Latin Business of the Year Award from Los Angeles Business Journal (2016).