Senior Managing Director
CA DRE# 02058613
Mr. Fuentes holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from California State University, Long Beach and a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Southern California.
Mr. Julio Fuentes is a Senior Managing Director with Kosmont Realty (KR). He has 35 years of public sector experience working with and managing communities primarily in Los Angeles County. He has an extensive background in city financial management, economic development, capital improvement planning/implementation, mixed-use development and downtown revitalization experience.
Prior to joining Kosmont Realty, Mr. Fuentes served as a city manager and as a redevelopment executive director for the cities of Azusa, Pomona, and Alhambra and as a city manager and executive director to the Stadium Authority with the City of Santa Clara. During his tenure, Mr. Fuentes represented his cities in many negotiations which resulted in retail, restaurant, housing, hotel, entertainment, and auto dealership developments. He also worked to complete the construction of the Levi’s Stadium project and participated in the City marketing efforts which attracted events such as the Super Bowl 50 game and the WWE WrestleMania match.
- Represented the City of Alhambra in the purchase and development of the Fremont Plaza Project
- Represented the City of Alhambra in its negotiations to develop the Renaissance Plaza Project Represented the City of Alhambra in its negotiations to develop several mixed-use developments and commercial shopping projects throughout the city and in the downtown corridor
- Recruited and negotiated several tenant improvement assistance agreements with restaurant and entertainment uses within the Alhambra downtown corridor
- Represented the City of Alhambra in its negotiations with some auto dealers to build showroom space or a facility/parking expansion
- Represented the City of Santa Clara in its negotiations to develop the City Place Project
- Represented Santa Clara in its negotiations involving the City Place Project, a $6.5 billion development, featuring 9 million square feet of commercial use and 1,360 units of housing
Mr. Fuentes is a licensed Real Estate Salesperson by the State of California Department of Real Estate (DRE # 02058613).